Well the year is nearly half over, and I already have more than enough CDs to make a best of list for all of 2012. But, being the eternal optimist, and knowing that several artists whose work I really like have releases coming out in the second half of the year, I can’t quite wrap it up all nice and neat this early.
I can, however, make up a list of my top ten CDs of the first half of the year, and that’s exactly what I’m ready and willing to do. I’m sure some (all) of these will make my year-end list, but here they are in order at this day and time:
1. Patti Smith Banga
2. Hurray for the Riff Raff My Dearest Darkest Neighbor
3. Lindsay Fuller You, Anniversary
4. Leonard Cohen Old Times
5. Barna Howard Barna Howard
6. Sun Kil Moon Among the Leaves
7. Cold Specks I Predict a Graceful Expulsion
8. First Aid Kit The Lion’s Roar
9. Kelly Richie Finding My Way Back Home
10. Hurray for the Riff Raff Lookout Mama
Agree? Disagree? Do you have your own list, or just some favorites of the year so far? Let me know in the comments and I’ll share them with the rest of the readership of this blog.